With thanks to Lois Daish for kindly letting us use her tried and true Zucchini Fritter recipe from her book, Good Food.
For the Zucchini Fritters:
4 spring onions
1 sprig mint
50g feta cheese
½ cup flour
salt and freshly ground pepper
oil or clarified butter
- Top and tail the zucchini and grate them, using a coarse grater or food processor.
- Finely chop the spring onions and mint and add to the zucchini.
- Crumble the feta cheese into the mixture.
- Add the flour and toss to coat the zucchini shreds.
- Lightly beat the eggs and add, mixing thoroughly.
- Season to taste.
- The mixture may be used immediately or refrigerated for several hours.
- When you are ready to cook it, cover the bottom of a frying pan with oil or clarified butter.
- Place over the heat and when it is hot drop in the batter, a tablespoonful at a time.
- Turn when the bottoms are browned and the edges firm.
- Continue to cook until firm in the middle.
- Serve immediately with Bee Lane Smoked Tomato Aioli.
For the Smoked Tomato Aioli:
- Blend 1 small clove of garlic and 50g of Bee Lane cold smoked tomatoes into a cup of your favourite mayonnaise for a sensational smoky aioli.