WA extra virgin olive oil, for greasing muffin trays
3 sheets thawed store-bought puff pastry
1 cup fresh ricotta
250g smoked salmon, torn
¼ cup Bee Lane cold smoked tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
4 eggs lightly beaten
½ cup single cream
pinch of WA Lake Deborah salt
freshly ground black pepper
micro leaves: basil or lemon verbena leaves to serve (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
- Lightly grease 12 muffin tins (½ cup capacity) with the oil.
- Cut 12 rounds from the pastry sheets and press into tins.
- Divide the smoked salmon, Bee Lane cold smoked tomatoes and ricotta in the pastry cases.
- Whisk the egg, cream and salt in a bowl until combined.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pastry cases and sprinkle with ground black pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Garnish with freshly ground black pepper to taste and micro leaves, if using.
Our serving idea:
Plop some extra pieces of chopped cold smoked tomatoes on top of the quiches for an added kick. We rather love the idea of the Lemon Myrtle & Mountain Pepper Leaf Cold Smoked Tomatoes.
Recipe created by Don Hancey WA Food Ambassador