Makes about 1½ cups
Elevate your grazing table game with this Red Pepper & Cashew Pesto which tastes even better with the addition of our cold smoked tomatoes!
200g roasted red pepper strips (see notes)
75g roasted cashews
75g (½ tub) Bee Lane smoked tomatoes, including the oil
small clove garlic, peeled
few sprigs fresh basil
2 Tb Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Place all the prepared ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and blitz until finely chopped.
- Taste and season with sea salt if needed.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Serve with crostini, crackers, crudités, as part of a grazing platter or just on its own!
- We used bottled roasted red peppers for our pesto – drain them well on paper towel before using.
- We used unsalted roasted cashews – if you use salted cashews, taste before adding any more salt at the seasoning stage.
- Raw garlic can be overpowering so exercise caution at the beginning – you can always add more to suit your tastes.
- Omit the parmesan cheese if you wish to make it vegan.