Vegetarian | Gluten free
Satisfying and delicious for breakfast, weekend brunch or Sunday supper!
For the omelette:
2 Tb olive oil
2 leeks, washed and sliced
3 small zucchini, sliced
large handful fresh herbs, finely chopped (we used parsley, oregano and chives)
6 eggs, lightly beaten with 2 Tb water
120g Greek feta, crumbled
freshly ground black pepper
150g tub Bee Lane cold smoked tomatoes, drained and brought to room temperature (save the flavoured oil for another use).
- Preheat grill to hot.
- Heat a 22cm non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the olive oil and sliced leeks, and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the sliced zucchini and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the chopped herbs and lightly beaten eggs and stir enough to combine.
- Sprinkle over the crumbled feta, and continue to cook omelette for 5 more minutes or until nearly set.
- Place the pan under the preheated grill and cook for a few more minutes until golden brown on top.
- Scatter the cooked omelette with the drained cold smoked tomatoes and serve straight from the pan.