What a way to dress up lamb with our Cold Smoked Tomatoes! This inspirational recipe is absolutely delicious and works equally well as a summer dish with salad or a winter warmer with your choice of steamed or roasted vegetables on the side. Kylie’s passion for food shows in this creation and we love it!
8 lamb chops
1 tub Bee Lane Cold Smoked Tomatoes (drain oil to use as per instructions)
1 eggplant (sliced into 5mm rounds)
1 butternut pumpkin (sliced into 5mm rounds)
1 can of chopped tomatoes
Splash of Balsamic Vinegar
Sprinkle of Brown Sugar
1 punnet of vine cherry tomatoes
2 sprigs rosemary
Salt and Pepper
- Layer pumpkin and eggplant in a baking dish and splash with reserved Bee Lane Cold Smoked Tomato
- Oil and salt and pepper. tear off rosemary and scatter over the top.
- Use additional Extra Virgin Olive Oil if required.
- Place chops on top and pour over can of chopped tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and a splash of balsamic vinegar.
- Cover and bake for 50 minutes at 180C.
- Remove from the oven and add the fresh tomatoes.
- Place under a medium grill until the chops are starting to caramelise and the tomatoes blister.
- Chop the remaining Smoked Tomatoes (use kitchen scissors) and scatter over top of dish.
- Serve with a green salad or steamed greens.