We love what John has done with the traditional toastie. He has made it an absolute gourmet delight with the addition of our Cold Smoked Tomatoes. Guaranteed to be a winner with the kids as well and is an ideal delicious treat when time is limited. For a twist, try it with one of our other flavours!
1 small sourdough baguette, halved
About 100g of your favourite cheese- I used vintage cheddar
3-4 bacon rashers (streaky) cooked under a grill until crispy (or cooked to your liking)
½ tub Bee Lane Original Cold Smoked Tomatoes
- Lightly toast 2 slices of bread
- Brush the toast with the oil from your bee lane tomatoes
- Place slices of cheese on both pieces of toast
- Chop ½ tub of the smoked tomatoes (use kitchen scissors, it’s not as messy!)
- Spoon tomatoes on to your toast
- Place under grill until cheese starts to melt
- Place crispy bacon on top and throw on a few basil leaves. Drizzle with extra Bee Lane oil and season with salt and pepper
- This recipe is also delicious using a sandwich press. Simply make a sandwich using all the ingredients and there you have it!