What a wonderful take on the prawn cocktail – a quintessentially summer dish. This retro classic has its’ origins in California but we think that we now own it heart and soul with the addition of our Cold Smoked Tomatoes. It’s about time this delightful entre was elevated to the level it deserves and our tomatoes lend a scrumptious smokiness to the cocktail sauce. Taste the difference!
300gm prawns cooked and peeled. (tail on)
4 baby cucumbers
½ an avocado
Handful of baby cos lettuce
½ tub of Bee Lane Cold Smoked Tomatoes (any flavour will work)
½ cup of quality store bought mayonnaise
Squeeze of lemon
- Slice cucumbers into rounds
- Slice avocado into quarters, reserve two and dice two
- In a glass, assemble salad by layering cucumber and diced avocado, baby cos, one prawn, a wedge of avocado and two prawns sitting half in half out of your glass.
- Squeeze extra lemon over salad
- Using stick blender, blend smoked tomatoes, mayo and lemon juice.
- Finish the cocktail with a dollop of smoked tomato sauce.