Blow your party guests away with these flavour bombs! We took ready-made blinis and topped them with pimped whipped feta and cold smoked tomatoes.. too easy!
300g feta or goat’s cheese
Finely grated zest of half a lemon
2 Tb approx. extra virgin olive oil
Bee Lane Original Cold Smoked Tomatoes, drained and cut into pieces
(save the flavoured oil)
Micro herbs (optional)
- Place the feta and lemon zest into the bowl of a food processor with a small grind of black pepper.
- Process feta while drizzling in extra virgin olive oil – you only need enough to help the feta soften and blend.
- When feta is smooth and whipped, taste for seasoning and adjust
- Top blinis with a small dollop of whipped feta, and a few pieces of chopped smoked tomato.
- Garnish with micro herbs if desired.
- Remember, the more you chop up our cold smoked tomatoes the more smoke and flavour you will release.
- Supplement the extra virgin olive oil with the drained flavoured oil from the cold smoked tomatoes.
- You can make the whipped feta a couple of days in advance and store covered in the refrigerator.