Smoky, spicy and earthy – just the thing for cooler days and nights! Great for a fireside supper, or dress it up for dinner guests.
For the pasta:
500g fresh linguine
½ butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into small dice
150g chorizo, thinly sliced
1 lemon, zest and juice
2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
2 Tb olive oil
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
150g Bee Lane Cold Smoked Tomatoes
100g feta, crumbled extra sprigs of rosemary to garnish (optional)
For the pasta:
- While preparing your other ingredients, bring Bee Lane cold smoked tomatoes to room temperature. Strain and reserve the flavoured oil.
- Heat the 2Tb olive oil in a large heavy-based frying pan on medium heat.
- Add the diced butternut and sauté for about five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the crushed garlic and chopped rosemary and continue to cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest and juice to the mixture, season to taste, then cover and cook on low until the butternut is just tender – about another ten minutes.
- Remove cooked butternut from the pan and keep warm.
- Gently fry the sliced chorizo until just heated through and starting to colour. mSet aside and keep warm.
- Cook your fresh pasta according to the instructions on the packet, drain and toss through the reserved Bee Lane “tomato oil”.
- Toss the butternut mixture & chorizo through the cooked pasta, and scatter with crumbled feta and smoked tomatoes.
- Garnish with sprigs of rosemary, if using. Serve immediately.
Gluten-Free alternative: substitute with gluten-free pasta of your choice.
Vegetarian alternative: omit chorizo.