A pimped up version of our favourite original serving suggestion; our original cold smoked tomatoes tucked into an oozing garlic-infused baked brie.
This is really a serving suggestion rather than a full recipe, so play with it to suit whatever you have to hand; the only three things you can’t do without are the brie, our cold smoked tomatoes and something to slather them on!
1 x 200g brie
150g tub Bee Lane cold smoked tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped – reserve flavoured oil
1 tsp reserved flavoured smoked tomato oil fresh thyme sprigs
1 small clove garlic, peeled and cut into slivers
Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- With the point of a sharp knife make several small cuts in the surface of the brie and insert the garlic slivers.
- Cut a cross in the centre of the brie.
- Drizzle brie with reserved flavoured oil, and season with a little sea salt & black pepper.
- Scatter with thyme sprigs.
- Wrap brie in baking paper and place into a small ovenproof dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Open up your gooey brie parcel, gently pull the points of the cross open and tuck chopped cold smoked tomatoes into the centre of the baked brie.
- Serve immediately with a variety of crackers or bread.
- *Save the left over flavoured oil to make a delicious dressing or keep for your next batch of Baked Brie – we doubt if it will be too long before you make it again!